- This event has passed.
Women in IL Manufacturing – Finance Beyond the Bottom Line
July 12, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The IMA Women in Illinois Manufacturing group offers interactive networking events designed for us to meet each other, explore leadership topics and develop authentic connections with fellow women in this field. It’s been fun and inspiring.
Join us for our next fast paced program where fellow IMA member Julie Lopez will discuss financial topics specific to women, both personally and in the workforce. Information we discuss can be brought back to your company to be shared as well. Plus, we will have our time to meet each other and strengthen our professional network.
Women have been driving change in the workplace and the home, and as they plan for retirement they have the same retirement challenges as their male counterparts. They share similar worries and fears, such as not saving enough and outliving assets.
However, they are more likely to face additional challenges. In general, women tend to live longer, are more likely to be caregivers and often leave the workforce to care for children or an elderly family member. These additional challenges are an important factor in designing financial wellness solutions for women — as they continue to lag their male counterparts across a wide range of factors.
Before our networking, we will:
- Understand differences in men and women in attitudes and behaviors toward finance and investments, including participation in workplace benefits
- Explore advances women have made in education, job participation and role in driving household spending decisions
- Address how women can gain confidence and harness this economic power for their personal financial journey
- Discuss how employers can support the financial success of women and all employees through financial resources at work:
- Retirement Plans & Health Savings Accounts
- General financial education and access to professional guidance
- Programs that deliver resources and support for employees across all life stages, genders, ethnicities, cultures and experience.
Even if you haven’t participated before – now is the time to join this warm productive group!
PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Contact Name: Simone Erskine
Contact Email: email@example.com