- This event has passed.
WHAT’S IT WORTH: Valuation Concepts and Making it Work for You Webinar
May 11, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
The how and why of valuing a business has evolved over the decades.
The WHAT’S IT WORTH: Valuation Concepts and Making it Work for You Webinar will explain:
- The foundations of valuation theory and its evolution to how it is applied today
- Why the same business can have multiple values depending upon the purpose of the appraisal as well as the popular misconceptions that surround the concept of fair market value
- Why EBITDA multiples are inaccurate reflections of value as well as the process by which a professional appraisal is accomplished
- The three levers of value that, if applied consistently, will increase the value of your enterprise
- Current thinking on how to handle the effects of COVID, PPP programs and resilience in the valuation analysis that highlights the true long-term value of the business.
Presented in partnership with:
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Mary O’Connor, ASA, CRE, CMI, CFE | Partner, Forensic and Valuation Services, Sikich LLP
Mary O’Connor specializes in business valuation related to corporate transactions, strategic and succession planning and taxation and has provided certified opinions and consulting to a wide range of corporate clients in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, agribusiness, financial services, real estate development and hospitality/gaming.
Ms. O’Connor has provided expert witness testimony to Federal, State, and local jurisdictions (including US Tax Court and Delaware Chancery) nationally and internationally in cases related to business valuation and shareholder dispute and is proficient in melding the skills of investigative accounting, valuation, economic analysis, fraud analysis and forensic technology in cases of all sizes. She has been called as an expert in large cases such as the 9/11 subrogation, and the shareholder matter in Shell’s acquisition of Pennzoil. She has provided business valuations for diverse assets including the Polish Stock Exchange and the Chicago Bears.
A graduate of the University of Illinois Urbana, she was formerly employed by the international forensic accounting firm of RGL, Inc., Deloitte, and the national appraisal company of Marshall & Stevens, Incorporated.
Unable to attend the live session? A recording of the panel discussion will be available for download at the IMEC Coronavirus: Update page.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org