- This event has passed.
START TO FINISH: Value Stream Mapping as a Tool for Process Improvement Webinar
January 25 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is a visual representation of a set of actions, showing a process from start to finish.
Join IMEC to learn more about the VSM tool, one that allows a team to see the big picture – and focus on what process changes will have most impact on the entire value stream. A VSM often moves through several teams or departments, and can help create visibility to how the work of one role impacts the rest of the organization.
Beyond explaining what Value Stream Mapping is – and is not – you will learn about:
- The purpose and use cases for VSM, and how it differs from process mapping
- Differences between manufacturing and transactional VSMs
- Determining the level of detail to include in your VSM
- Team members to include when mapping your current and future-state value streams
- Creating the Current State Map, defining waste, and developing a Future State Map
- Actions and Follow-up
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Greg worked for over 10 years in the semiconductor and food manufacturing industries prior to joining IMEC. He held positions in Industrial Engineering, Operations Finance, & Supply Chain Planning. He has worked for IMEC for over 15 years, focusing on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing training and implementation. He attended the University of Illinois (U-C), earning a BS & MS Industrial Engineering and an MBA.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org