- This event has passed.
LEARN BY DOING: A Workshop to Refresh the Leadership Skills of Your Team (TWI)
September 17 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
A training developed for leaders who have participated in the Training Within Industry programs of Job Relations, Job Instruction, and Job Methods.
You have learned the proven method of Training within Industry. With the work interruptions of the past 18 months and in preparing to overcome the current skilled worker shortage, now is the time to revive Training within Industry (TWI) the skills of your front line supervisors.
This workshop is a revisit to the key concepts of TWI – a refresh for people who have previously attended TWI training and are interested in boosting their skills to assist in advancing or re-initiating TWI methodologies within their organization. TWI skills highlighted in this training are:
- Job Relations: teaches supervisors how to build positive employee relations, increase cooperation and motivation, and effectively resolve conflicts
- Job Instruction: teaches supervisors how to quickly train employees to do a job correctly, safely, and conscientiously.
- Job Methods: teaches supervisors how to improve the way jobs are done.
In addition to the TWI refresher training, this session includes:
- Readiness call: IMEC will host a 30-minute pre-training call with each participant, learning about their TWI journey and preparing the participant for training.
- Strategic planning workshop: Assisting participants in developing an Action Plan ready to use upon return to their organization.
- Implementation support: IMEC will provide a one-hour, virtual coaching session following the in-person training, to review progress, address challenges and assist in continuation of the TWI initiatives.
Who Should Attend
- TWI Champions who have completed previous TWI training.
- IMEC recommends 2 attendees per company.
About the Presenter
Joanne Romero focuses on the people aspect within an organization. As a bi-lingual (English & Spanish) professional with IMEC, she is able to help manufacturers excel with a more engaged workforce. Her primary focus is on employee engagement and workforce development to help employees voice their needs and feel empowered within the organization especially Spanish-speaking employees. She also has extensive training with export documentation to help manufactures ship across U.S./Mexico borders. Joanne uses her skills and knowledge she gained from earning her B.A. in Public Relations and M.A. in Interpersonal Communication.
Cost: $775 per person; registration includes training and coaching, materials and day-long refreshments.
Contact Name: Emily Lee
Contact Phone: 608-445-4905
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org