- This event has passed.
ExporTech Virtual Cohort, Summer 2021 | Application Deadline
May 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Application Deadline: Monday, May 31, 2021 at 5:00 PM (CST)
What is ExporTech™?
ExporTech™ is a national export assistance program that applies a structured export strategy development process to help companies enter or expand in global markets. The program assists participating companies to develop an international growth plan and connects them with experts to help them move quickly beyond planning to actual export sales. It combines innovative group sessions − customized to the learning needs of participants − with individualized coaching. Since 2006, 233 ExporTech™ programs have been delivered in 36 states and Puerto Rico with over 1,180 participating companies.
What is unique about ExporTech™?
It is the only national program where each company develops a written export plan, that is vetted by a panel of experts upon completion. ExporTech™ efficiently connects companies with a wide range of world-class experts to help navigate the export sales process. The result is that companies rapidly expand global sales and save countless hours of effort.
Benefits for participating companies
ExporTech™ is an intensive process delivering concrete benefits beyond traditional export education and training. Companies that have gone through the ExporTech™ program report significant impacts to their bottom lines:
- On average, participating companies generate $500,000 – $700,000 in new export sales.
- Many companies generate export sales within 6 months of completing the program.
- The average participant reported cost and investment savings of $91,000.
- The average company created 5 new jobs.
ABOUT THE EXPORTECH VIRTUAL COHORT, SUMMER 2021
This cohort is organized by the International Trade Center – Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC, in partnership with the International Trade Center – Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage and the Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC).
- Small and mid-size manufacturers in Illinois that are looking to expand their global sales.
- Be already engaged in export activities or be export-ready with an established domestic presence and a known demand from foreign buyers.
- Eight virtual sessions (2 hrs. each day) on June 8-11 and July 13-16.
- One final session (1 hr. per company) on August 10 in which each company will present their export plan to a panel of export experts.
- Individual coaching sessions in-between with an international trade advisor.
- Enrollment is limited to 4 companies and allows for 2 company representatives from your executive leadership (I.e., CEO/President, COO, CFO, VP of International Sales, Marketing, or Business Development) to attend.
- Virtual, via Zoom.
- This application will be used to select a group of program participants. Selection will be made on the basis of: a) fit with the program objectives, which is aimed at helping companies become more proactive and aggressive in pursuing international growth; and b) the company’s commitment of management time to the program. In addition, direct competitors will not be invited to participate in the same round. Completing this form does not imply immediate acceptance to the program. You should expect to be notified regarding your application within 5 business days after submission.
- Apply for the ExporTech Summer 2021 Cohort at https://forms.office.com/r/XdwJeeZnBD
- Monday, May 31st at 5:00 PM (CST)
- The total program cost is over $5,000 per company; however, due to CARES Act funding, we are able to offer this program at no cost to your company.
- Mike Stone – Stone & Associates
- Mariel Huasanga – International Trade Center Director, Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC
- Jean Lin – Program Manager, International Trade Center, Illinois SBDC at College of DuPage
- Upon graduation from the program, companies will receive a certificate of completion.
Offered in partnership by:
Contact: Mariel Huasanga, International Trade Center Director
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org